SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
Together with our highly motivated employees we strive to achieve an environment that is safe and incident-free. People are our greatest asset, we do our best to keep our people safe by running injury-free projects. This mindset drives our strategy and guides our response to health, safety and environmental challenges.
OUR APPROACH TO COVID
Everywhere we interact as colleagues, business partners, suppliers and clients – whether on site, in offices, travelling or commuting – we adhere to the prescribed pandemic safety precautions and encourage others to do the same.
HEALTH & SAFETY COMPLIANCE
We comply with every applicable environmental and health and safety law and regulation. Every project is audited internally and by an external auditor. We set ourselves a pass rate of 95% as compliant. Less is not acceptable, even when the industry norm is 80%.
Key areas of our compliance:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Covid-19 Workplace Policy
- The Mining Health and Safety Act
GAP INFRASTRUCTURE CORPORATION TAKES SENSIBLE STEPS TO:
- Promote occupational and personal safety, health and wellness
- Protect the health and safety of everyone in the organisation
- Provide information to the staff about health and safety hazards
- Identify and eliminate health and safety hazards
- Encourage staff to report potential hazards
- Work in ways that protect the environment
- Inform the safety officer of potential or actual environmental impacts
- Reduce the impact of any emergency by maintaining a risk-based emergency management programme.
Training of employees and on-site workers
Our accredited facilitators provide training for Safety, Health and Environment Hazards representatives, and in firefighting and first aid. In order to prevent incidents being repeated on any of our other sites, we inform everyone in the group of any past experiences.
In our offices and on site, we practice a culture of safety in each aspect of our daily routines. Employees are encouraged to familiarize themselves with their surroundings and understand the hazards of working in each area.
Safety documentation and policies
Each project and every location has its own risks and hazards, so our safety management plan is reviewed quarterly and amended to suit current scenarios.